Monday 6 July 2015

Spa Technologies Vitamin C Moisturising Serum

RRP: £35

--What does the promo say?--
"Our bestseller, this Moisturizing Serum combines powerful Botanical Extracts and two forms of Vitamin C. Vitamin C Serum, delivers the moisture-locking properties of rich creams. Seaweed and Antioxidants stimulate collagen synthesis for firmer, healthier-looking skin."

--Packaging--
The glass bottles used by this brand are substantial, practical and sophisticated. The double metallic brand (which is a different colour depending on which product the bottle houses) is a good identifier for the brand itself, proving modern, unisex and minimalist while still standing out. The pump-action mechanism is easy to use, and also to detach for recycling purposes.

--Application--
Smooth over face and neck at night-time after cleansing.

--Appearance--
A creamy yellow (a colour which, I suspect, comes from the buriti as well as the shea) serum that in fact has the richness of a cream rather than the typical wateriness of a serum. However, it leaves no visible residue on the skin.

--Scent--
Again, the Amazonian superfruit, the buriti, is responsible for this serum's creamy orange-like scent. Delicious and different!

--Texture and consistency--
Rich and creamy, but sinks in instantly.

--Effects on the skin--
While I felt this was a bit too rich for my oily/combination skin type, clogging my pores a bit on my face, it did a terrific job on my neck (where the skin is more 'normal'), keeping it naturally smooth and moisturised.

--Value for money--
While seeming a bit expensive on the face of it, this product lasted me a very long time - more so than the cleanser and toner I was sent by the same company. The ingredients are also of high quality provenance and the serum's moisturising properties speak for themselves. Even though I snagged this for free, I would genuinely spend my own money on this product thanks to its natural formulation, pleasant texture, and excellent moisturisation. Based on the quality of this product, I would also be inclined to try the company's Marine Serum, which I understand is more tailored to acneic skin.

perfect partners
Laminaria Oil, £22
Luminous Eye Serum, £35
Restore Kit, £80

No comments: